On January 26, 2019, the information and awareness Career Day event was held at Tashkent State University of Economics. Leading specialists and department heads of the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Specialized Education of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the Ministry of Economy and Industry, the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Employment and Labor Relations, the Ministry for the Development of Information Technologies and Communications, the Ministry of Agriculture and Water Resources, the State Committees, the General Prosecutor’s Office, the Central banks, commercial banks, as well as over 250 companies and firms of various forms of ownership participated in the Career Day.
The Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan “On the strategy for further development of the Republic of Uzbekistan” dated February 7, 2017 defines the tasks on persist ing the course of further improvement of continual education of the system, increasing the availability of high-quality educational services, training highly qualified personnel in accordance with modern labor market needs.
The decree identifies the creation of new jobs, the provision of rational employment of the population, primarily, graduates of secondary specialized and higher educational institutions, ensuring balance and development of the labor market infrastructure, reducing unemployment as priority areas for the development of the social sphere.
Currently, the Tashkent State University of Economics has developed specific measures on work placement of graduates, and the defined tasks are being consistently implemented. The goal of the traditionally conducted information and awareness event “Career Day” is aimed at this.
Measures on vocational guidance and employment of graduates of the 2018/2019 school year has also begun. In this direction, the university administration, deans and departments carry out the necessary tasks for vocational guidance, distribution and employment of graduates. In particular, close ties were established with the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Karakalpakstan and regional khokimiyats on professional orientation, distribution and employment of graduates of the 2018-2019 school year.
Information on undergraduate and graduate programs graduates was presented to participating in the event organizations and enterprises providing vacancies. University faculties, training staff of departments, graduate students of undergraduate and graduate programs actively participated in this event. During the event, presentations, electronic handouts, brochures, and other methods and means of presentation were effectively used. Important aspects of training competitive specialists, innovations in educational, scientific, and spiritual-enlighten processes of the university, faculties and departments were highlighted to the participants of the “Career Day” event.
– In 2018/2019 academic year, the university graduates total 1,210 graduates, of which – 910 Bachelor graduates, – 300 Master graduates.
– Today, the Tashkent State University of Economics is preparing specialists for 20 educational areas of Bachelor and 25 specialties of Masters.
The information-awareness event “Career Day” is the following:
– university graduates special, professional and qualification knowledge, skills and abilities presentation in the areas of undergraduate education and graduate specialties;
– negotiations conducting with representatives of small businesses and private entrepreneurship, ministries, departments, committees, educational and scientific institutions, enterprises, organizations, foreign and joint ventures for the employment of university graduates of 2018-2019 academic year;
– discussion of areas, programs and topics of qualification practice and internships for teachers, students and undergraduates in enterprises and organizations in accordance with the curriculum and, by companies and students own initiative, as well;
– discussion of the mutually beneficial cooperation directions and university’s real integration links with customers of personnel, fundamental and applied scientific products;
– establishment of long-term contacts and conclusion of employment contracts between graduates of undergraduate and graduate programs with direct employers – enterprises and organizations.
Talks with graduate students with representatives of ministries, departments, organizations and enterprises on vocational guidance, job placement and employment of graduates of the 2018/2019 academic year were organized in the event. Such issues as conducting research on problematic topics in the framework of innovation cooperation, introducing alterations in curricula taking into account opinions and suggestions of participants were discussed. Systematic organization of students passing qualifying practice and advanced training, and engaging practitioners in conducting training sessions, preparation of final qualifying works and master’s theses, taking into account the proposals of experts of organizations were touched upon as well.
During the event, cooperation agreements between the Tashkent State Economic University and the ministries, departments, organizations and enterprises invited to this event were signed.
The Career Day information and awareness event plays an important role in graduates employmentr, as well as in their career guidance. Therefore, helding the “Career Day” awareness-raising event is worthy of its place at the university and has an important place in the life of alumni students.
During the event, workshops were held by representatives of commercial banks, large companies and international experts. Following topics were discussed:
– “The concept of development of the tax policy of the Republic of Uzbekistan and the main directions of tax policy in 2019”,
– “Strategic planning at the enterprise”,
– “The role of the banking and financial system in enhancing the competitiveness of business entities”.
The Career Day information and awareness event assisted graduates to find work placement in specialties and specializations, and helped employers to enrich their talent pool with qualified and educated specialists as well. The event also created a platform for dialogue between scientists and practitioners for joint research of topical issues in rapidly developing sectors of the economy.